Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2015

December Reflections

December 6 - Best Book of 2015

I tried to complete the 2015 Reading Challenge where you are given a list of categories and are to read 52 books over the course of the year.  Sadly, I am only going to accomplish 16 of them, and that's if I can finish the book I'm on now, which is the Rolling Stone Interviews from 1971.


A couple of the books I read turned out to be very difficult and I am one of those people who hates to give up on a book so I read them to the end, even though it took me much longer than I would have liked.  I am looking for the 2016 list and if I can't find one, I'm going to use this one again and continue with the categories I haven't done yet.

Although I did read a few good books, I'd have to say the best one I read this year was "Rod" the autobiography of Rod Stewart.  We've seen him in concert a few times and it was really interesting to read the back story.  




He is a good storyteller and I was interested in the pictures he shared and the stories behind some of the songs he sings and how he puts his shows together.   

In 2009

When he toured with Stevie Nicks, which was around
the time he was writing the book. 

He talks about his family and how much he loves being a father, even though he had trouble with his relationships.  And he talks about his hair and the pranks he plays.   Those were some of the funniest parts of the book.  I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are a Rod fan.  

What about you?  Read any books I should add to my list?  Love to hear about them. 




2 comments:

  1. I love biographies and autobiographies. Do you have a link to that Reading Challenge list? I'd like to try it next year! I love to read, but never get as far as I'm hoping because I have so many other time-consuming hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to the one I am using, Deb. Thanks for stopping by!
      http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2016-39126431

      Delete