Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2015

December Reflections

December 3 and 4:

December 3rd's prompt is:  Best Day of 2015.

We did a lot in 2015.  It started with a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge for my 60th birthday.  It was the first time I had walked across even though I have lived near San Francisco my entire life.  We went to 8 concerts, took two family vacations, one to Southern California for a family reunion and one to Oregon to visit Bill's mom.  I went to a picnic with my high school classmates because we all turned 60 this year.  Still, I would have to say that hands down the best day of 2015 was the day my hubby, Bill, had surgery on his back to relieve his sciatica.


He is smiling in this picture but he had gone through some pretty tough weeks, months really, leading up to this point.  Doctor's visits, MRI, injections.  Nothing seemed to be helping this time and even the pain medicines were doing very little.  Finally, the doctors said that there was a disc in his back hitting a nerve and they did a micro discectomy to relieve the pressure.  It was like a miracle.  He woke up from the surgery and had no pain.  Now he is going through some physical therapy and is doing really well.  I'd say that was definitely my best day of 2015.


December 4:  Red

This is the cover of a mini-album I started.   I love the contrast of red and black.  The picture of our latest dinner at Benihana happened to be sitting nearby so I slipped it in just to see what it would look like.  Maybe I should make this album for myself!




What was your best day of 2015?  Any red in your life?  Follow along with the December Reflections group!


No comments:

Post a Comment