Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December Reflections

December 16 - I said hello to...

This year I said hello to the Golden Gate Bridge, up close and personal.  I have, of course, driven over it many times but because I turned the big 6-0 in March, I decided that I wanted to walk across it for the first time.  I was fortunate enough to have some family and friends to keep me company and we had a great day, walking from the Sausalito side to the San Francisco side and back again.  Then we had a nice lunch in Sausalito.  Perfect way to celebrate getting older!





Then, in July, I said hello to lots of relatives that we had not seen in about 9 years!!  My husband's family has a reunion every 3 years but we are not able to attend them all, since the family is spread out all over the country.  It was great seeing how all the kids have grown into adults and to visit with Bill's aunts, uncles and cousins.  One of his cousins is a photographer and takes pictures at concerts!  We had lots to talk about.    




But I have to say that I was most excited to say hello to a very dear childhood friend.  Debbie and I had not seen each other in about 40 years!  We used to walk to school together every day.  She had not been able to make the reunion we had a couple of years ago, so I was really happy she decided to come to the picnic we had in October to celebrate all of our 60th birthdays.  It was such fun talking about old times and catching up with each other's lives now.   


Those are my big hello's for this year.  Who did you say hello to?  

2 comments: