Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2015

December Reflections

December 11 - Gold


These are two ornaments on our tree.  The bow is about 25 years old and was given to us as a favor at my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary party.  I am not sure where the flower one came from but I found it with the rest of my ornaments this year and I just love it.







And then we have the Las Vegas shoes.  



I was in Las Vegas at a seminar and I had worn high heels for the first time in quite a while.  I wanted to look professional.  Unfortunately, not only did my feet hurt, but I was seriously afraid that I was going to fall flat on my face because I was walking on slick floors.  My knee issues didn't make things any better.  One of my friends volunteered to go out and try and find me some more comfortable shoes (I have some terrific friends!) and she came back with these golden slippers.  

I put one on and it was perfect but when I put the other one on, it didn't fit as well.  Turned out she had grabbed two different sizes!  Lucky for us the shop was close by so we went back and were able to exchange it for the proper size.  

Since then I have been calling these my Las Vegas shoes and to tell you the truth they are almost worn out!  So comfortable and shiny!

How about you?  Got a gold slipper story? 


No comments:

Post a Comment