Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Spectacular September - 2015

September 5 - Blog-tember

The challenge:  Put your iTunes on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play.

I LOVE the shuffle on iTunes, especially because on my iMac I have over 2,000 songs so I really never know what will come up next.  I think it estimates about 7 days of non-stop music!  That is what I find so frustrating about listening to the radio these days.  Aside from the commercials and irritating show hosts, the music that is played, even on the "oldie" stations that I like best, is so repetitious.  The stations that claim "No repeat workday" and the like, do play a similar setlist from day to day.  They may play a song on a Monday at 10 AM and then the same song the next day at noon.  If I can go seven days on my iTunes without playing the same song twice, why can't the radio stations play different tunes?  I understand they have a certain genre, but I certainly think there are more songs that would fit into their "style" than the ones they play.  I rarely listen to the radio now.  


The above is a screenshot of some of my iTunes covers.  I have a range of music that goes from the real oldies done by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Patsy Cline, because that is what I heard when I was young, to some of the newer artists like Gnarles Barkley and Bruno Mars.  I must confess I don't have One Direction, although when my daughter is home I listen to her music and they are one of her faves.  I have the Beatles and the Stones, ACDC, Tina Turner, Clapton, Smokey Robinson, the Temptations, Foreigner, Phil Collins, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Usher, Backstreet Boys, Lady Antebellum, the Calling and Pat Benatar to name a few.  About the only types of music you will not hear from my iTunes are Classical and Rap.  I do have a few "hip-hop" songs because that is what my son likes and while driving him to and from school a couple of them stuck with me.  I used to tease him because some of "his" songs have portions from "my" old songs remixed.

So, here goes my 10 song shuffle playlist:   
  1. Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
  2. Feel Like Makin' Love by Roberta Flack
  3. From Me to You by the Beatles
  4. Something Happened on the Way to Heaven by Phil Collins
  5. Bridges by Lifehouse
  6. Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver
  7. Believe in Love by the Scorpions
  8. Jump by Loverboy
  9. Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen
  10. Rumor Has It by Adele
That is taken from my iPhone, which only has 700+ songs.  When I am in my craft room working on my projects, that's one of the first things I do, turn my iTunes on and get lost in the music as I work on my latest project.  

What about you? What does your 10-song shuffle look like?  Share!  Don't forget to click the picture of the Blog-tember Challenge on the right to see what other folks are sharing.

  

2 comments: