Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

Spectacular September - 2015

September 25 -- I've missed a few of the Blog-tember days because we've been on vacation but Blog-tember for September 25 is about music.  How fitting since tonight we are going to see ACDC at AT&T Park.  We have general admission, field tickets which is something we don't usually do so it will be interesting to see how that goes.  I think that even if we don't get right in front, we'll still get the feel because they usually have big video screens.  Better than being up in the nosebleed section I am hoping.

As far as three songs that are particularly meaningful for me, the first one is in honor of tonight:




ACDC  "For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!"


We have seen ACDC twice now and they were so good we left the stadium hoarse!  

The next one is "Leather and Lace" by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley.  I think this song represents my husband and I.  We are such different people and yet we seem to be just right together, each giving and taking what we need to keep each other going.    







Finally, I'd have to include "Faithfully" by Journey, sung by Steve Perry.  The original.  




Interestingly, I read somewhere that Jonathan Cain wrote the song thinking about his wife and that shortly after that they divorced so I guess the "forever yours" part didn't really come true for them but I still love the sentiment.  

Those are my three songs.  What songs move you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment