Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Spectacular September - 2015

September 21 - Blog-Tember question:  "What is your favorite quote or expression and how has it impacted you?"

I've been writing down quotes that speak to me for a good 10 years now.  There are a few that really are my favorites...

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful."  Annette Funicello.  This one really means a lot to me because she was talking about her battle with multiple sclerosis, which my brother-in-law also suffered from.



"Just when the caterpillar thought his world was over, he became a butterfly."  I really like this one because it speaks a lot about the ability to change and to keep on plugging even when things look difficult.

A lot of my favorites have to do with keeping a positive attitude.  I really believe that if you put a negative energy out there, that is what will come back to you.  Stevie Nicks said, "If I've learned nothing else it's that time passes and anger doesn't do you much good."

One quote I really use is, "Smiles are contagious, pass one around."  I make a concerted effort to smile during interactions with people or even just when passing someone on the street.  You never know what that smile will do to someone who is having a less than perfect day.

What about you? Have a go-to quote to share?


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Smiles are fabulous and the effect it can have is fantastic. I adore hugs for the same reason. I'm a serial hugger :) You're so right Janet, you never know how much a smile, a kind word (or a hug) might mean to someone who might not be having a great day. I love your quotes, you've so made me smile this morning :) sending heaps of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hug! Glad I could make you smile. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I have loved this quote from the moment I read it. Acceptance is crucial. In all aspects, in our everyday, for others, as well as for ourselves.

    Oh, the comfort --
    The inexpressible comfort of feeling
    safe with a person,
    Having neither to weigh thoughts,
    Nor measure words -- but pouring them
    All right out -- just as they are --
    Chaff and grain together --
    Certain that a faithful hand will
    Take and sift them --
    Keep what is worth keeping --
    and with the breath of kindness
    Blow the rest away.
    **Dinah Mulock Craik**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Yes, acceptance and safety! Thanks so much for sharing this!

      Delete
  3. Great quotes! The butterfly one is a great reminder to persevere through the struggles we face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for stopping by Elle Alice!

      Delete