Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2015

Spectacular September - 2015

September 14 -

I missed yesterday's Blog-tember theme which was to collage the season we just finished. A lot of the season was spent taking care of a husband with an acute sciatica flare-up.  I did manage to see 4 concerts: Neil Diamond, Pat Benatar, Huey Lewis, and Heart with comic Ron White thrown in between May and August, but there were also two emergency room trips, back injections and finally a back surgery as well.  Maybe someday I'll collage all that.

As for today's prompt:  "Books that left a mark."  There are lots of books that i have loved but I'd have to say the ones that made the most impression are these (in no  particular order):



The Secret of the Old Clock, a Nancy Drew Mystery.  This is one of the first books I read growing up.  It definitely gave me a love for mystery stories.  Today that is still my favorite genre.  I have quite a collection of Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes books.



Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  I fell in love with this family story and named my daughter after my favorite character, Jo.  I just recently saw that there was a new book out about the daughter, Amy, and I'm definitely going to check that out.


Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence.  I consider this my first "racy" book.  I remember feeling like I was reading an x-rated novel with the images that this book brought to my mind. 


 The Secret by Rhonda Byrne goes hand in hand with The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews.  Both of them hold the keys to a successful future.


The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin.  This is the first "self-help" book I read and it is full of highlights.  It is one that I will go back to again and again.

So, that is some of what is on my bookshelf.  What about you?  What has made an impression on you? Don't forget to click on the Blog-tember link to see what others have on their shelves.  I love prompts like this because it gives me so any new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment