Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Spectacular September - 2015

September 1 -- Here we are on the first day of a new month.  Not too many left in 2015, although it feels like the year just started!

Last month I participated in two projects, one was called Sparkle with Jamie Ridler and the other was August Break with Susannah Conway.  Both were tons of fun with lots of different prompts and new ways of thinking about ordinary things.  Each had a private Facebook group and I was able to share with and "meet" other creative souls who were also sharing.  Such interesting things from all over the world.  Wonderful pictures of far away places.  Sometimes it was hard to concentrate on my "real life" because I was having so much fun in the "play" world.

In September I am going to try my hand at two new projects (well, three actually since the August Break group has done a spinoff called September Surprises, but that may just be a quick photo and mostly in the Facebook group only).  One of the September projects is called  Creative Emergence by Andrea Schroeder of the Creative Dream Circle.  Andrea challenges us to journal every day, even if it is only for 10 minutes.  I've gotten myself a new journal and I am ready to start filling it up.  I can't wait to see what her prompts are.  I may share some of that here as well.

The other September project I am going to try is the Blog-tember Challenge sponsored by Bailey at the Brave Love Blog.  Obviously that is a blogging challenge so that will be mostly here.  I found that I started off last month with frequent blog posts but wasn't quite able to keep it up all month long.  This time I am going to try a little harder to get something out there.  

So, the prompt for September 1 is to introduce myself.  Here goes:  My name is Janet.  I'm a 60 year old Italian Catholic girl who has lived in the same little town near the San Francisco Airport for just about my entire life.  I have been happily married for 31 years to a really great guy.  We have three grown children and we are just starting to experience what has been called the "empty nest," with our youngest away at college and the older two living on their own, although all three kids still come by once in a while to do laundry and visit.  The hubs just had some minimally invasive back surgery and is almost retired but I still work from home doing medical transcription so we are together almost 24/7.  Good thing we like each other!


Here is a relatively decent picture of me.  I love taking pictures but don't like very many pictures of myself.  I love mystery stories, concerts and scrapbooking/card making and making mini-albums which I try to sell in my Etsy shop.  I'm on a mission to lose weight, something I have struggled with all my life but which is now over the top and I am making it one of my priorities.

Well, there you have a brief capsule of me.  I'd love to hear about you!  Join me on this Spectacular September!  Leave me a comment, I love to read them.

12 comments:

  1. I loved reading this and getting to know you more. I hope your husband makes a speedy recovery. Like you I love taking photos of everything and anyone but myself.

    Can't wait to follow along with you in September x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! Hubby is doing well so far, thank goodness. It's been a battle. Looking forward to your pictures.

      Delete
  2. I love that you have a creative spirit and are eager to embark on new adventures. *kindreds!*

    Not sure I'll be posting every day in September, but I'm happy that we're doing yet another challenge together. However that plays out on our individual blogs, it'll be fun to see your pictures & stories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melodye. I look forward to seeing everyone's interpretation of the same prompt. Really makes you think sometimes! Have a spectacular September!

      Delete
  3. Busy autumn ahead for you! I look forward to future posts. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Hoping I cam make it all the way!

      Delete
  4. Hi Janet thank you for posting to my blog. As you can see, it hasn't had many visitors. I set it up a couple of years ago but could never figure out how to drive traffic to it. I envy you for working from home. I have worked as a physician auditor at a local hospital for 20 years and ask repeatedly if I can be home based but the answer is always "NO". They sent the coders and transcriptionist home years ago. I'd love to see some of your mini books and visit your Etsy shop if you could send me the link. Perhaps the link is here on your blog. I'll go look around. I look forward to talking with you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! It took a long time for me to be able to work from home. I worked in physician offices for over 20 years as well, before it was a possibility. Hang in there! The link to my Etsy site is on the top right hand corner of the blog page. Love to have you visit it!

      Delete
  5. Hi Janet! Lovely to find your blog! Looking forward to getting to know you throughout the Blog-tember challenge this month!

    Stef
    Noveltea Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stefanie! I have marked your blog as one to follow!

      Delete
  6. Hi Janet! So nice to "meet" you! This was a great overview of you. I feel like I know you well already! Can't wait to see more of your Blogtember posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah! Thanks for stopping by. It looks like it will be a very fun month indeed!

      Delete