Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

May Musings - 2015

May 6, 2015 -- Random question #2... If you could live at any period of time except the present, when would it be?

I would pick the 1850's out here in the West.  I would not be one of the prairie moms though and not a farmer's wife.  Digging in the dirt and growing crops or tending the animals, milking a cow are not my thing.  No.  I would definitely be a saloon girl:



Whenever we do "dress up" photos, I always pick the saloon girl costume.  I think it would be a much more exciting life than living on a farm.  I love the dresses, flouncy skirts and layers.



This was a costume I made for myself when we had a western-themed party in our backyard.  


I love the guys in the cowboy hats, think Anson Mount in Hell on Wheels, Sam Elliott in Tombstone and of course Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.  

Of course, I know what you're thinking, saloon girls are sometimes considered to be "loose."  Not me.  I'd be a classy saloon girl, probably the owner of the bar!  What do you think?  Does it suit me?  

What about you?  What's your time period?  

No comments:

Post a Comment