Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

May Musings - 2015

May 4th -- Our first prompt in the extended April Love group is "Poetic."  While I, myself, have never been very poetic, I love the poetry in music of Stevie Nicks.  In doing an art journaling project I was asked to pick an imaginary mentor and I chose her.  

Two of her songs particularly held meaning for me.  "Dreams" came out when I was going through a divorce.  I would sing the lines:

"Listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness,
Like a heartbeat...drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering
What you had and what you lost," 

quite loudly, hoping "he" would hear them. 



Page from the art journal I did

But then came my "True Love" and the song "Leather and Lace" fits us so perfectly.

"I have my own life and I am stronger than you know.
But I carry this feeling, when you walked in my house, 
that you won't be walking out the door."

After the divorce, I was determined not to fall apart.  I wanted to prove to myself, and everyone else that I could make it on my own.  And yet, I was ready for another relationship and he was/is such a special guy.

and

"Sometimes I'm a strong man
Sometimes cold and scared 
And sometimes I cry,
But that time I saw you
I knew with you to light my nights
Somehow I'd get by."

My hubby tells me all the time how he knew the minute he saw me and shook my hand that I was the one for him.  


Another page from the journal

And we are really very different but seem to manage to meld our personalities:

"Give to me your leather, take from me my lace."

Poetic, definitely.  Thanks, Stevie!

How about you?  What's poetic mean for you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun choice for an imaginary mentor - Stevie is fabulous. And I love both your story and the peeks into your journal pages.

    I have no doubt that my definition of poetic changes every day - probably multiple times a day. But for now I think I'll define it with the words of Rumi:
    "Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. Thanks for stopping by, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete