Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2015

May Musings - 2015

May 16 - The prompt from our extended April Love group this time was "Reflections..."



This is a picture of the full moon I took in December 2013.  At first I was disappointed that the moon did not come out as a sharper image but then when I looked at it, I realized how cool it actually looked.

I also have the Supremes song "Reflections" stuck in my head today.  Not the whole song, because I definitely still have the love of my life in my life, but rather the first few lines..."Through the mirror of my mind, time after time, I see reflections of you and me.  Reflections of the way life used to be..."

Maybe it's because I have been on this self-seeking journey to get some of the qualities I had when I was younger back in my life.  The fun.  The adventure.  The spontaneity.  The creative spirit.

Maybe it's because the hubs and I are about to celebrate our 31st anniversary and we definitely have been through some changes since our beginning.  Right now we are going through a particularly rough time with him suffering greatly from what may turn out to be a herniated disc in his back.  We are waiting for an MRI to be authorized and it seems like this is the worst episode we've had.  I say "we" because even though he is the one going through the actual pain, it definitely affects the whole family.

  
The foundation we built in those early days is what keeps us together even when we are going through some challenging times.  I know we are strong enough to last through them, wheelchairs and all.


Those are my "reflections."  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Thirty-one years is indeed a journey to celebrate. I'm sorry your husband is suffering, and I hope relief is close on the horizon.

    I think your moon photo is fabulous, and it makes for a perfect reflecting prompt. Here's to reclaiming more fun, adventure and creativity!

    ReplyDelete