Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April Love - 2015

April 15 -- Yellow

Yellow is one of my favorite colors.  When I got up this morning to look for some yellow to use in today's blog, I saw this little guy on the kitchen table.  He was in a care package that my daughter got this year in college.  The way his arms were bent, it looked just like he was giving a hug, perfect for the April Love-fest we are having!

Here's a hug!

Crayon cake

Then I went to the computer and one of the first pictures I saw was this Crayon box inspired cake I made for my kids for the Mystery Party I had for them.  It was to celebrate their birthdays and also back to school.    


Tulip  
iTunes art
 



iTunes art and nature.  Pretty cool how they each have just a hint of green on the edges.
Nancy Drew Mysteries
Next are the covers from some of my Nancy Drew Mystery books.  The original 6 have the old blue/green binding but the newer ones have yellow spines.  Nancy Drew was my first introduction to mysteries and I haven't stopped loving them.  


Here's Janet


This was my "plate" that was on the kitchen wall in the house where I grew up.  There was one for each member of the family.  When my dad passed away and my mom moved, we each got our plates.  



                                                                                                                                                                  Of course, we can't forget those beautiful yellow roses!



So, that's my take on today's prompt of "Yellow."  What's your favorite yellow?  

No comments:

Post a Comment