Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

April Love - 2015

April 3 -- An Inspiring Quote

One of my favorite quotes is a proverb that I have paraphrased slightly.  The actual quote is "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."  My version is:





It speaks to me of hope, of the ability to change, of second chances, of recreating.  Since my word of the year is "CHANGE," it works with that too.

In this month of self-care and self-love, I find it particularly important that I remember that even though I am now 60, my life does not have to be over, nor do I need to "settle" for things as they are if I am not happy.  I can change the future.  I can spread my wings and fly.

Not that I am unhappy with the way things are per say.  Instead, I want to continue to grow and try new things and add new experiences to the life I have.

What is your inspiring quote?  Love to hear your comments!  

4 comments:

  1. My favorite has always been "Whatever you do, do your best." Simple. I think Abraham Lincoln said it but I could be wrong :) I try to follow it but sometimes "good enough" is all I can muster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one, Jenny! Sometimes good enough IS our best! Thanks for leaving a comment! I know you know how cool it is to get notified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your quote AND your text, especially re second chances. Exhaustion depression hit me 5,5 years ago and a year ago, I had to give in and realize I would not get back to work. I had by then left the depression part (except for "normal" lows now and then), but I am still struggling with a brain that tires too easily. So yes, I am giving myself second chances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna! Sorry to hear of your struggles. Hope this month of concentrated self-love helps!

    ReplyDelete