Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge - Book 6

Finished the Gossamer Ghost.  It was pretty good.  I was able to spot the killer before they were revealed, which doesn't always happen.  It was fun to read the scrapbooking tips too.  

Now, we totally shift gears and my next book is 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James.



I'm probably one of the only people who did not read this when it first came out several years ago.  I don't normally read romance novels.  Now there is a movie out so I have to see what all the fuss is about.  I hear the film is not getting such hot ratings though.

I am going to use this one as my "Book recommended by a friend" since my girlfriend told me I should read it.  It's not your usual romance story. 

I am about in the middle of it and it is definitely holding my interest.  I am not so sure I would want someone exerting that much control over me though, and I don't mean in just the sexual aspects.      

I decided not to make this be my trilogy category book, although there are three books in the series.  I was afraid I wouldn't want to read the rest of them.  I think that is one of the hardest aspects of this challenge...trying to decide what category to put the books under, since most of them can fit at least two categories.  Such decisions!!!  

I'm three weeks behind if I want to make 52 books this year but I am not going to stress about that.  I'll just keep reading and see how far I can get.  

What's your book this week?  Would love to hear about it.  Did you read 50 Shades?  What did you think?  Going to see the movie?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Janet! The challenge you are doing sounds fascinating, I love that most books can fit in more than one category...so many options!

    I read this last summer because I wanted to read it before the trailer came out, which might be the oddest reason to read a book. I agree with you about the issue of someone else exerting control, that was my main issue with the book.

    I did get out to see the film and was impressed at how faithful the adaptation was. The characters are brought to life very well, and actually provided some insight I didn't pick up from the book. I can't decide if I want to keep reading the sequel, although the second one did *just* come in from the library so I might devour it this week.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Shannon! I am thinking I may see the moving but will definitely wait for it to come out on DVD so I can rent it for $1.50 instead of paying $15 to see it at the show!

    ReplyDelete