Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge, Book Three

ROD - The Autobiography.  By Rod Stewart

Front Cover
Back cover
I am counting this book as my "Book with a one-word title." It is 364 pages and was published in 2012.  

I have seen Rod Stewart in concert twice.  The first time was in 2009 with my daughter.  He was performing solo.  He did all his classics and the encore was "Maggie May."












The second time we saw him was in 2011.  It was the Heart and Soul tour with Stevie Nicks!  What a treat!  One of the songs they did together was "Leather and Lace" which is one of my all time favorites.  It reminds me of my hubby and I, opposites.  

                                                                                                     












Mr. Stewart is a avid soccer player and during both concerts he kicked autographed soccer balls into the crowd.  What a souvenir!  Hubby almost got one but it went into the sound mixer area and the attendant wouldn't give it to him.  On the Bart ride home, there were two people sitting close to us that had caught balls and they let us see them.



  There are quite a few of his songs that I particularly like and it will be interesting to see if he talks about them.  There are a lot of pictures in this book and I am looking forward to learning more about the story behind this singer.

This is my book three for the challenge.  So far I am right on track.  How about you?  Would love to hear about your books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment