Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Your Smiling Face

James Taylor is the artist I am using for the letter "Y" as in "Your Smiling Face."  We were able to see Mr. Taylor along with Bonnie Raitt at AT&T Park, home of our San Francisco Giants.  Gosh I miss baseball!  They had lights on the trees and it was gorgeous.




I found this set of papers that I thought would work well.


Here's the first page.  We even had regular tickets!  We had seats on the lawn and we got to go through an underground tunnel that we had never been through before. It made it even more exciting to get to the field that way.  We had to pick them up from Will Call and that's why we went in through the special entrance. 


I have to put Bonnie Raitt's pictures together as well and I only had time to get one page done for James Taylor.  It's really not done either but I don't want to miss the deadline for the A to Z.


Here's the setlist from the show.  He sang a bunch!  He was really engaging with the crowd and told some stories about his songs.  He's been around a long time.  


A few more pictures.  I got a lot of good ones so it is going to be fun putting it together. 






Here is "Your Smiling Face" from that night.



I think given the name on my blog is "Janet's Smiles" that's a perfect song for me.  One more day!  Who is Z going to be?  I'll give you a hint.  It's NOT ZZ Top.  I did them in 2017.



6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    How are you, dear friend? How's my buddy Benny today? Walk him yet?

    For "Y" Day, I was predicting either Swedish rocker Yngwie Malmsteen (remember him and his Rising Force?) or the prog rock band Yes. Now I remember you hinting about James Taylor on another blog earlier in the month. It's cool that you saw James along with Bonnie Raitt at the Giants' stadium. The trees covered in lights was indeed a spectacular sight.

    Before I forget, I want to mention one of my favorite artists, Tom Rush. I was introduced to the New Hampshire blues/folk singer and guitarist in 1970 while attending a smoky off campus "listening party" (as opposed to the kind with dancing). Two Tom Rush albums were played that night, both released that year. The second, Wrong End of the Rainbow, contained a cover of "Sweet Baby James" which I loved. If you aren't familiar with Tom Rush I highly recommend those two albums of his in particular.

    My golly, after watching that clip at the end, I must say that James Taylor still sings as well as I remember. He certainly didn't phone it in. I respect him for that. Sometimes when an artist has performed his or her hits a gazillion times, they merely go through the motions. Not James, not that night you saw him. I'm glad! Did Bonnie perform up to your expectations? Your papers and layouts are attractive and you did indeed snap some excellent pics.

    No ZZ Top for "Z" Day? The Zombies maybe? I am eager to check out your grand finale tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there my friend, I did take Benny for his morning walk before I posted today. He is sometimes very insistent that he come before my typing. LOL. We did in fact see Yes with Peter Frampton years ago. They are not really my thing.

      Bonnie Raitt did do a great job and they sang a few songs together too. I will have to listen to Tom Rush. I am not familiar with him. Thanks for the tip. I hope my "Z" will not disappoint. Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. ZZ top is a ggod band, love them! Ok, let's see who will be featured tomorrow!
    Y is for Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! ZZ Top was a fun one.

      Delete
  3. My husband will be jealous ... he's a big fan of James Taylor. He's gone to a lot of concerts but has not seen James Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the big James Taylor fan too. It was a really good show.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!