Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2020

Just Jot January -2020 - Change

Wendy has given Linda the prompt of "Change" for today's jot.  Thanks Wendy!

Thought I'd show you how I changed a plain chipboard word into a cute mini-album just right for Valentine's Day!

This is what it looked like in the beginning.


I love black, white and red together so I covered the individual panels with these papers.  I wanted the letters to stand out more so I used red glitter glue around the edges of each.


Then I added some red spots for pictures.  Now I think the word is clearly visible.  You can't tell from this picture but there are beads and a heart charm hanging from one of the rings with the ribbon. 


Here is the first "page."  


The second.  The white spot has lines on it for writing about a special time.  The red card that says "hugs" opens and has room for pictures.  


It was a little harder to get it all in one picture as it opens wider.  The red area with the white hearts on it opens as well.  


The final opening has a pocket with Love Coupons and space for another picture or two.


And the other side has room for more writing and pictures.


This is the back.  I am adding two red swirls on each side of this focal and may put a few more embellishments on the inside.  I'll have to look at it again.  Sometimes when I am making something I find if I leave it alone for a day and then come back to it, an idea strikes me for an improvement. 


These are the "Love Coupons."  The backs have XOXO on them.  



Do you like the change?  I'm pretty happy with it.  It will be for sale on my Etsy shop soon!


2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!