Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2019

December Reflections - 2019 - Through the window

I am participating again this year in Susannah Conway's December Reflections.  The prompt for today is "Through the window..."  There have been a lot of window shots posted in the group and at first I was going to try and get a picture when I walked Benny this morning as there are some folks in the neighborhood who already have their Christmas trees up.  I didn't find any good shots so I'm taking a different approach.  I got this message this morning from WordPress:





So I guess you could say that 1000 times I've let you look "through the window" of my mind, right?  Hope you continue to enjoy the view 😂 👀🤔.

If you'd like to play along with Susannah and I (and the other great bunch of people doing this December Reflection), here are the prompts:





There are some fun ones on here don't you think? 

4 comments:

  1. Nice take on the prompt. And congratulations on reaching 1000 posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I am really going to try not to do the obvious this time. It will make me think harder!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    I salute you for reaching the 1,000 posts milestone on WordPress, dear friend! Blogging requires more time, effort, imagination and composition skill than tweeting. Those who do not belong to the blogging community cannot fully appreciate what it's like to put ourselves out there every time we publish and await feedback. To me the discussion threads, playful banter and warm words of encouragement written in the comments and replies are the best and most important part of a post. They are what make blogging worthwhile.

    Your post reminded me of three "windows" songs from my youth. Do you remember them?

    Look through any window, yeah
    What do you see?
    Smiling faces all around,
    Rushing through the busy town
    - The Hollies

    The windows of the world are covered with rain
    Where is the sunshine we once knew?
    Everybody knows when little children play
    They need a sunny day to grow straight and tall
    Let the sun shine through
    The windows of the world are covered with rain
    When will those black skies turn to blue?
    Everybody knows when boys grow into men
    They start to wonder when their country will call
    Let the sun shine through
    The windows of the world are covered with rain
    What is the whole world coming to?
    Everybody knows when men can not be friends
    Their quarrel often ends…
    - Dionne Warwick

    I can't stand the rain
    Against my window
    Bringing back sweet memories
    I can't stand the rain
    Against my window
    'Cause he ain't here with me
    Hey window pane
    Tell me, do you remember
    How sweet it used to be
    When we were together
    Everything was so grand
    Now that we've parted
    There's just one sound
    That I just can't stand
    I can't stand the rain
    - Ann Peebles

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the comments and dialog being a big part of the blogging journey and I really appreciate the time you take with yours! I definitely remember the Ann Peebles song but the other two I'll have to look up. Thanks for stopping by, Shady!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!