Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2019

December Reflections - 2019 - #SoCS Edition

Lovely Linda tells us to use the word "Year" in our posts today, any way we like.  I am going to talk about reading goals for the year.  I said a few posts ago that I am not going to make my 40 as I am on 34 with James Cudney's Haunted House Ghost, the signed book I won in his contest!  I'm okay with that and I'm keeping the goal at 40 for 2020.  I love the way Goodreads keeps tally of your reading year for you.  I have added their results to my yearly reading Pinterest board.   

I generally do the PopSugar Reading Challenge every year.  I am also going to add the Modern Mrs. Darcy's Challenge to give me some more options.

But, the most fun I'm going to have is by trying to scratch off as many of these as I can:



This is the scratch off chart I got for Christmas from my daughter.  It is 100 Essential Novels.  I have already scratched off 3, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and 1984 but that's because I just read them in the last few months.  There are others on here I have read before but I'm not going to scratch them until I read them again.  Some of them I've never heard of.  Pretty sure it's going to take me more than one year to read all these.  I know a few of them are long ones.

Pop Charts makes a lot of different scratch off posters like this.  My daughter got one for her sister that was of 100 movies.  I also saw one that I almost got for my husband that was of all the major league ballparks.  Kind of fun to track your progress that way don't you think? 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that scratch-off thing sounds cool. I don't think I've read many of these essential reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Like, how can I not have read them if they are ESSENTIAL?

      Delete
  2. That's a great way of keeping track of your reading but yes 100 books will probably take more than a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it will be interesting to see how many I can actually do, especially if I am going to try to use the challenge categories.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!