Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2019

November Novelties - 2019 - Thank You Universe

Last week I wrote a post about the first of my Holiday Boutiques.  I shared the fact that while I had made some good sales and talked with some interesting people, I felt like I had missed a great opportunity for networking.  I said that I was going to put it out there in the Universe and perhaps the woman who owns the art store would contact me.



         THE UNIVERSE LISTENED!




I got a call today from the woman's friend (Patricia) who said that they had been talking about me and how best to promote my cards in the shop and she (Elia) remembered getting information about another craft fair in their neighborhood happening on December 7 and thought it would be a good way for me to get more exposure.  Patricia had sent me an email but I hadn't responded so she thought perhaps it had gone into my spam folder or something and she was calling to check in with me. 

I told her how thankful I was for the call and that I had been mad at myself for not getting their contact information.  The art store that Elia has is called The Creative Canopy.  They have workshops and children's parties as well as after school programs and while the main focus is on sewing, they do other crafts as well. 



Anyway, after verifying email addresses, Patricia sent me the info about the craft fair and I have sent in an application.  I also have the store info now so I can contact Elia and discuss things like giving her some of my cards on consignment or perhaps teaching a class on card making.  Not that I've ever taught a class before but there's a first time for everything, right?  It's all very exciting.

Now I need to get cracking making some more cards and things to sell so I don't run out between the three shows (oh to have such a problem!)  I've made some reindeer gift tags and a few more Christmas cards.

The Universe also listened to my wish for more transcription business to come my way and that has happened too!  You may think that it is all a bunch of baloney when I talk about making dream boards and vision cards but each time something like this happens my belief in the power of positive thinking is reaffirmed.  Give it a try yourself!  You don't really have to wait for the full moon either.  Just put it out there.  Lemme know if it works for you.     


       

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I am very excited to read the good news about the art shop lady reaching out to you. Sensing that you made a good impression on her, I suspected she would. I also agree that we can program the universe through daily positive affirmations backed by imagination, creativity, smart work habits and preparedness - staying in "up time" - recognizing opportunities and acting upon them. Now that contact with that woman has been reestablished, I predict the snowball effect with more publicity leading to more sales and even more networking opportunities. I am very happy for you, dear friend Janet. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Shady. It is very exciting to think of all the possibilities but I need to go one step at a time. I like your caveat about the affirmations being backed by "smart work habits and preparedness." Thank goodness I have a good supply of business cards - LOL Have a great week yourself, Shady. Really appreciate your stopping by.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!