Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Rocktober Music Fest - 2019 - and other October Oddities - Rock Paper Scissors and World Card Making Day

I hope I did a reasonably good job of connecting yesterday's World Smile Day and the Rocktober Music Fest with James Taylor and "Your Smiling Face."

Today I have triple duty with the #RMF, World Card Making Day and the Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt of "-tast-"   Let's see...

Looking back on our concerts, I found the Rock Paper Scissors tour done by Peter Gabriel and Sting in 2016!



I wasn't so sure about this one because while I like Genesis (the band Peter Gabriel was with) and The Police (the band Sting was with) and there are a few of their individual songs that I like, I didn't know what a concert with just the two of them would be like. 


To top it off, when I was reading about the tour, it said that Peter would be singing some of Sting's songs and vice versa.

                                                                                                                                                  You know how it is when you are used to a song a certain way and when someone else sings it, it's not quite right?   



Actually it turned out to be a very good show.  Not "fantastic" and not sure that I would see them again but glad we did this time.  



A bit of the concert, one of my favorites, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic."



So, with Rock, Paper and Scissors I can connect to World Card Making Day because I listen to Rock while I work with Paper and Scissors to make my cards.  This is what I am working on right now in preparation for the holidays:


Some new gift card holders.  They'll soon be up in the Etsy Shop.  So, how'd I do?  Was I able to connect all three reasonably?  Happy Saturday everyone.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!