Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2019

September Silliness - 2019 - #SLS House

Jim has given us the prompt of Floor/House/Roof/Walls for this Sunday's entertainment.  A couple of years ago we saw Bon Jovi during their "This House Is Not For Sale" tour.  The album is the first album that the group did that was not on the Mercury record label after having been with them for 32 years.  It also does not include Richie Sambora who had left the band.  Jon Bon Jovi said the album is about their integrity.  The songs on the album clearly have a lot of meaning behind them.   


This House Is Not for Sale
These four walls have a got a story to tell
The door is off the hinges, there's no wish in the well
Outside the sky is coal black and the streets are on fire
The picture windows cracked and there's no where to run
I know, I know
This house is not for sale
I set each stone and I hammered each nail
This house is not for sale
Where memories live and the dream don't fail
This house is not for sale
Coming home
I'm coming home
Drove a spike into the ground and I staked my claim
Standing on the dirt where they'll dig my grave
Now what built these walls is in my veins
No time for looking back, the wolf is at the door
This heart, this soul
This house is not for sale
I set each stone and I hammered each nail
This house is not for sale
Where memories live and the dream don't fail
This house is not for sale
Coming home
I'm coming home
This house was built on trust
That's what it is and always was
No wrecking ball could knock it down
This house was built on higher ground
I set each stone and I hammered each nail
This house is not for sale
Where memories live and the dream don't fail
This house is not for sale
Coming home
I'm coming home
Coming home
I'm coming home (this house is not for sale)
Coming home
I'm coming home
I'm coming home
I'm coming home (this house is not for sale)
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Billy Falcon / John M Shanks / Jon Bon Jovi
This House Is Not for Sale lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Ole Media Management Lp, Concord Music Publishing LLC

Some pictures I took that night:









Interestingly, this was in March of 2017.  I thought these signs were particularly meaningful. 




And the video - this is how they opened the show we saw.  So cool!




I did a post about another song on the album last August for a #SLS prompt, Drive, "I Will Drive You Home."  That kind of works for this week too, doesn't it?

Can't forget the Pick One for today:  Drums or Guitars and why?



I'm a drum person myself.  While I appreciate good guitar playing, give me the beat of the drums every time!  Have a marvelous Sunday!



















2 comments:

  1. I love Jon Bon Jovi - his music, his acting, his marriage, it's so nice to see a bit of integrity in an industry that isn't known for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. He made some pretty good digs at the record company with his album Burning Bridges. Plus, he's awfully cute!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!