Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2019

A to Z Challenge - 2019 - Q is for Quotes

I was going to use Queen for the letter "Q" and then talk about things related to mothers, because you know we are the Queens of the house.  Then I realized that that was just more of the mini-albums and cards that I had already talked about so I decided to use "Quotes" as my word for today.

I suppose when I am making cards I could leave the insides blank.  That certainly would be easier but then the cards seem unfinished to me.  In the post about Overlays I showed the example of tags I had put in with the sentiment stamped on them.  There is always room for people to add their own messages too, but sometimes I think it takes the "pressure" off of having to think of something to say.  Know what I mean?

I am a collector of quotes and am always on the lookout for stamps and other things with good quotes on them.  One of my sources is the desk top calendars with a different quote on each page.  I have quite a few of those. 


They definitely come in handy and I can usually cut around the quote and fit it into the card or mini-album.  

New Job

Birthday

Birthday/Wedding

Mother's Day

Graduation

Just because

I also love to use stamps.  Some have just words on them that you can mix and match to make your own quotes and some have the whole sentiment.



This one is a good one because it has a lot of different occasions on it.  



I've used this one quite a few times on Thank You cards. 


This is one of my favorites though.  It has quotes from little kids.  "Getting married means sharing your toys."  That makes perfect sense to me!  Also, "You make me smile all over my face."  Ever felt like that?


Would you rather have a card that is blank inside so you can write whatever you want or do you like ones with appropriate sentiments already?  Do you have favorite quotes that would be good to use?  Share!

I hope you are getting a chance to visit some of the other 10th Anniversary A to Z Challenge bloggers out there.  I know that some are new and would appreciate the love.  Tomorrow is Saturday so see you here for some R and R! 





#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

8 comments:

  1. I'm an equal opportunity lover of cards - whether blank or otherwise. Loved peeking into your quote file - you've got quite a collection indeed. And being a quote lover myself, I totally get it. There's much wisdom in the world, and it's a joy to share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I can find the exact right quote for the occasion. Glad to hear that blank cards would be acceptable too.

      Delete
  2. Well, I remember many quotes of my dad. He always had a saying for everything so this is an especially fun Post for me. What a fun thing to do in making cards. My hubby should take up the same. He's disabled now so he has plenty of time. I think I'll show him your post. Fun job there my new friend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something he could do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Having a collection of quotes is so helpful when just the right words are hard to say. I usually get cards with quotes and then add my own words of comfort, congrats or other sentiments.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quote might work in an anniversary card: "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." (Karen Sunde)

    I also like this one: "Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend." (Plautus)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!