Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Observations in October - 2018 - #SLS on Monday

I was at a very interesting vision workshop all day yesterday so I didn't have time to post my song for the Song Lyric Sunday bunch.  I like this song so I'm gonna post it now. 

It is called "Hideaway" and is from the "Guilty Pleasures" album by Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb.  This is one of my favorites.  I really like another song, "Come Tomorrow" a lot but that doesn't quite fit here.  They did a previous album together called "Guilty" which has some really good songs on it as well.

The video:


The lyrics:

Hideaway
I saw you looking in the mirror
I saw you fighting with your conscious
I think you need a little time away
And I may give you mine
And you could find me in the moon glow
You find me underneath your pillow
And we can find a little hideaway
Where we can go
I'm in the corner with a friend of mine
I stood with my defenses down
So many things that bring you close to me
That we be led astray, the wonder of desire
To love the things we cannot touch
Maybe we turn and say goodnight and walk away
And then the story can go on without a single tear
You take a chance on it and change the history
And for a time, we fall in love with someone
So who am I to say the words that say
We have found each other?
Can we imagine any hideaway is right?
And our adventure down in paradise
Borne upon the wind and we are one with the night
Maybe we shuffle off to Rio
A little Rio de Janeiro
And then I get a little chance to say
I'm falling into you
And you and I can change the world if we just try
(Hideaway)
This lonely heart of mine has found a mission for your light
(In your world)
To make the sense of it and solve the mystery
(In my arms)
It's just the love you forever leave with someone
So who am I to say the words
That say we've found each other?
(Sunny day)
Can we imagine any hideaway is right?
(In your world)
And our adventure down in paradise
(In my arms)
Born upon the wind and we are one with the night
And our adventure down in paradise
Borne upon the wind
And we are one with the night
Songwriters: Ashley Gibb / Ashley R. Gibb / Barry Gibb / Barry Alan Gibb
Hideaway lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group

Better late than never they say.  Thanks to Helen for another great day of songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!