Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Observations in October - 2018 - #31Things - Write

Today's 31 Things is "Write."

I may be a paper crafter and spend my time making cards and scrapbook albums but I started out my artistic endeavors as a writer.  I made newspapers for my family when they went on vacation so that they could keep up on the news when they returned.  Slight exaggeration in some of the stories but it wasn't fake news!





























I used to watch my sister's children when she and her husband went on vacation and they brought me back a blank book from a trip they took to Carmel.  I did write some things in it but there are still a lot of blank pages.    






















When I was in high school I wrote a mystery story and got an A on it.



Since the teacher thought it was suspenseful, I sent a more detailed version of the story to Redbook as part of their Young Writer's Contest but unfortunately it didn't win. 


I put away my writing after that until after I was married and the kids were born.  Then I wrote a little story using stickers and the names of their friends.



It was interesting and amusing to go back and read these old things.  I have kept them all these years in a folder.  There is another story there that is handwritten and over 100 pages!  Some silly story about girls and their boyfriends.  Definitely was a fictional story since I never had boyfriends in high school!

Now I get my writing fix with this blog.  I knew there was a reason I was doing it.  Who knows, maybe someday I'll give writing another try.  How about you?  What do you write about?   

  





2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet - I love all of your different forms of writing over the years. I used to make storybooks for my son with his name in it as well. Then the other mom's at daycare asked me to make books for their children as well. People who love writing will always find a way to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Donna, I agree. It was fun to re-read some of those things. I'm going to keep blogging away for now and using my journals. Who knows??

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!