Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Observations in October - 2018 #31Things - View

Yesterday I spent the day with my girlfriend and a small group of women looking inside ourselves and sharing our wishes, desires, dreams, hopes for our futures.  We were led by coach Judy Peebles.

We started off by making a list of all the things we really wanted, no matter how big or unusual they may seem.  Some of mine were to remodel the kitchen, get the backyard into a functional place to use, going to Disneyland at the holiday season, taking some trips by train and even meeting Stevie Nicks.  We also made lists of things we wanted more of and/or less of in our lives, like more time, less procrastination, more money, less stress, etc.  Finally we used the prompt "Twelve months from now..." and wrote a story about what is happening 12 months from now in our lives. 




Then we spent some time going through magazines and pulling pictures of things that meant something to us in terms of our wishes and goals, words or phrases that spoke to us.  After we arranged them all on the board we glued it down.  Here is what mine looks like:



These are things I'd like to have in my life.  I know that I may not get them all within the next year, but if I don't think about them and put them in my view, I'll never get them.

After we had our boards made, Judy took us through a "visualization" process where we picked a specific date in the future and described exactly where we were and what we were doing, who we were with, how we felt, what we were hearing, tasting, smelling, etc.  A really complete picture of a specific day.  I picked January 6, 2020 and the whole family was at Disneyland experiencing the Magic Kingdom in all its holiday finery.  Judy had us close our eyes and picture ourselves in that place, at that time and "view" ourselves in that moment.  It was very interesting. 

There really is more than one "view" of something, the one you see with your eyes and the one you see with your heart.  Both are important.  What are you "viewing" for yourself in a year?  Ever make a vision board?  




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!