Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sweet September - 2018 #SLS

Today's Song Lyric Sunday prompt from Helen is "Picture/Photograph."  This is another fun one for me and I have done something that I've been wanting to try for a while now, creating a slideshow.  It is pretty basic and not perfect because I'm doing it quickly so I can use it this week.  I plan on making another one when I have time to work on it more.

Anyway, the song I have chosen is "Pictures of You" by The Cure.  This is a band that I just recently realized that I like a lot.  We were on our way to Reno earlier in the year and since I do the driving, my husband plays DJ.  He and I have somewhat different musical tastes although we have a lot of bands in common.  He put in a Cure CD and I really liked this song.  I think it fits so well in my slideshow.  Here are the lyrics:

Pictures of You
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you
That I almost believe that they're real 
I've been living so long with my pictures of you
That I almost believe that the pictures 
Are all I can feel
Remembering you standing quiet in the rain 
As I ran to your heart to be near 
And we kissed as the sky fell in
Holding you close 
How I always held close in your fear
Remembering you running soft through the night 
You were bigger and brighter and wider than snow
And screamed at the make-believe 
Screamed at the sky
And you finally found all your courage 
To let it all go
Remembering you fallen into my arms 
Crying for the death of your heart 
You were stone white
So delicate 
Lost in the cold 
You were always so lost in the dark
Remembering you how you used to be 
Slow drowned 
You were angels
So much more than everything 
Hold for the last time then slip away quietly 
Open my eyes 
But I never see anything
If only I'd thought of the right words 
I could have held on to your heart 
If only I'd thought of the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart 
All my pictures of you
Looking so long at these pictures of you 
But I never hold on to your heart 
Looking so long for the words to be true
But always just breaking apart
My pictures of you
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more 
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world 
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you
Songwriters: Robert James Smith / Simon Gallup / Roger O'donnell / Porl Thompson / Laurence Andrew Tolhurst / Boris Williams
Pictures of You lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group



Last year I challenged myself to take 365 pictures.  I wrote about it several times during the year.  Here is a post from July.  I have always had it in mind to make a slideshow of those photos and when Helen suggested the prompt for this week, I knew I had to give it a shot.  I used a slightly extended version of the song because it takes some time to get through the pictures, even though I used one of the fastest forms of the slideshow.  Here it is:




And here is the video of The Cure singing the song:





I'd love to know what you think of my first slideshow attempt.  I didn't get all the pictures numbered and notated which is something I wanted to do.  I found that the "Origami" format that I used cut some of the pictures as well which is something I will keep in mind when I try it again.   Hope you have a happy Sunday!  Make sure to stop by the other players in the #SLS group.  Lots of good music out there!




































3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janis - Great song and wonderful slideshow. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janet - Great song and wonderful slideshow. Very nicely done.

    Please delete the above comment. I have no excuse for my typo - other than that it is way past my bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No worries. I've been called worse :) Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!