Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August - 2018 #Augustbreak2018

Day 2 of the August Break with Susannah Conway and the prompt is "Ground." 

I'm attempting to get back in the saddle again with regard to my "healthy" lifestyle and so I took a walk to the library yesterday to get some books.  I knew the prompt for today was "Ground" so I had my eyes open for something to snap a photo of with that in mind.  I got all the way to the library and didn't see anything that I thought was "ground worthy" and I was starting to get disappointed but then as I left the library I saw this big old tree with its roots spreading around the base. 




The roots looked like long fingers to me and they were just extending all around the ground, almost in a perfect circle.  



















Of course I've seen the roots of trees before but usually they are thick and just a few.  These were really thin and so many of them.  Almost made me think of cables that connect all of our electronics together.   

I was going to the library to get the books I need for the next Readathon I am participating in, a Children's Readathon with James J. Cudney

I am not used to reading children's books anymore since all of our kids are grown but I decided to join in after I realized that there were some books I don't even remember reading.  The first week's books are:

Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
Oh the Places You'll Go - Dr. Seuss
Goodnight Moon - Margaret Wise Brown

If you want to participate, please feel free!  I think this will be fun.  I know I will read them with a totally new perspective.  Have you read any children's books lately?  Get any fresh inspiration?  Follow along/join in with the August break too! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!