Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August - 2018 #SoCs

Stream of Consciousness Saturday's prompt is "Bodily Functions."  Thanks, Linda, for such an interesting topic!  If you follow her link she even gives us some inspiration.

The body has many functions of course but the first one that came to my mind is elimination of waste - going potty if you will, and the differences between men and women.

If you are a woman you undoubtedly know that the line for the our bathroom at almost any event is much longer than the line for the men's.  Why is that?  Is it because they can just stand and go?  Planning is key in these situations because if you wait too long and the line is six miles out the door, you could be in trouble.  I have actually gone in the men's with my husband guarding the door because the line for the women's was so long. 



2012_PROPERTY_MAP_Small.jpg

There have been a few times, though, where I have seen the men's line longer than the women's.  In fact, it was at the Mountain Winery, the site of our two most recent concerts.  The Winery went through a remodel several years ago and the restrooms were placed in an out of the way area at the edge of the property.  You can see them underneath the Chateau Deck on the right side of the  picture.  The line for the women was long, but the line for the men was longer.  We women had a good chuckle about that.

After a few shows, however, things returned to normal and the women's line was again longer.  Fortunately, I found a shortcut.  There are actually two entrances to the bathrooms and hardly anyone uses the one toward the back.  Once I found that out I started using that back entrance.  It can be handled in an adult fashion if we women are sensible.  There are about 30 stalls so if the people entering from one side take the 15 closest to them and the ones entering from the other side take the 15 closest to them, it works very well.  Once I figured out the secret, I now use the back entrance all the time and get in and out pretty quickly.  I am basically a good person though so when I am finished, I go around to the other side where the line is usually pretty long and give the ladies waiting there the tip to go around the back. 

Speaking of bathroom issues though, who's bright idea was it to come up with the new toilet paper roll sizes?  All the packages in the stores now seem to promote larger rolls:


This one says Mega Plus and one roll is supposed to equal 4 regular sized rolls but there is also SUPER MEGA where one roll equals 6 rolls of regular!
 

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Super Mega Rolls, 12 ct


We live in an older home, built in 1955 and those huge rolls won't fit on my built-in toilet paper holders.  Even the new holder we have in our remodeled bathroom is still built in and you can hardly pull any sheets off or they come off one square at a time.  That reminds me of the Seinfeld scene where Elaine is in the bathroom and asks the person next to her for 3 squares when she realizes she has no toilet paper in her stall.  I'm sorry but I like more than three squares even if I am only going #1.  With a #2 issue, I need WAY more than three, and it has to be double ply!  (TMI or do you get it?)




Are they increasing the size of the rolls to save some paper since they only have to use one cardboard roll instead of 4 or 6?  I think that it is kind of defeating that purpose because if you're like me, when you see an excess of something, you think you can use a lot since it won't run out.  

Anyway, you can thank Linda G. Hill for this wonderfully informative post and if you ever go to the Mountain Winery, remember my tip about the back entrance to the bathroom.  There is a back entrance for the men too but I hardly ever see anyone using it.  Maybe they don't know how to share?  Do you have issues with huge toilet paper rolls?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!