Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August - 2018 #AugustBreak Five things about me

Well, I'm not really sure that these five things are truly Awe-Inspiring but that's the theme I've got going on this month so we'll just have to pretend.

August Break prompt for yesterday was 5 things about me.  I started the post but then got busy working and had to take the hubs to the doctors so I never got to finish it.  (He is fine btw).  In any event, I'm sure you'd like to know five things about me so here goes:


1.  I love scarves/shawls and have a bunch of them!




















Maybe I use them to hide behind?  (See #5).  I love the colors and they really come in handy when we go places and I can use them to cover my shoulders when it gets cold or my head if it starts to rain (I hate umbrellas).  After taking these pictures I can see I really need to sort through them again.  I used to have them all neatly arranged in color scheme. 


2.  I've ridden a helicopter into the Grand Canyon and had a picnic lunch on the ledge.




Spur of the moment decision to do this and I am SO glad we did.  It was a wonderful experience.  We have read about crashes during this tour but our pilot was great and I was never afraid.  


3.  I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area my entire life and have driven over the Golden Gate Bridge a lot but I never walked across until my 60th birthday.  Then my family and some friends helped me celebrate and walked with me.  






It was a great day, not too cold but not too hot.  Even my 90-year-old mom came with us.  I'd like to do it again sometime for sure.  It reminded me that there are other sites around San Francisco that I'd like to see, like taking a tour of Alcatraz.  Such fun things so close to home!


4.  In 2006 we started going to concerts on a regular basis and since then we have been to 96 shows.  Some were comedians like Ron White and Jeff Dunham or plays like Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages and Rain but I'm counting them anyway.  Counting the 3 we went to in the beginning of our relationship, that makes 99!  I am making scrapbooks about them.  I showed some of the pages two years ago when I did the A to Z challenge about that subject.   






Last year we went to 13 events! We saw 18 different bands and 1 comedian (Michael Carbanaro - heard of the Carbanaro effect?  He's a magician).  This year we are cutting way back and only have 7 shows.  Tonight is our first one at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga where we will see Rick Springfield, Greg Kihn, Loverboy and Tommy Tutone. 


5.  I am an INFJ but didn't know what that was or that I was one until a few years ago.  I just thought I was shy.  I was in one of the groups like the August Break and everyone was talking about the Myers-Briggs personality test so I took it to see what all the hoopla was about.  



Our daughter (the one who just got the Psych Degree) says that this test really doesn't mean anything since it is all in the way you answer the questions and that you can manipulate the answers any way you want.  I took the test three different times over a period of several months and got the same answer all three times.

Interestingly, we got a new car and the license plate starts with 7NFJ!  It must be true if the DMV knows it :)    

That's 5 things about me.  Learn anything new?  Share something about you!  Play along with #Theaugustbreak2018  





2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet - i enjoyed learning more about you from this post. I have been to San Francisco twice (and have walked across the Golden Gate Bridge both times)! I like scarves...but can never seem to tie them right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many ways to wear scarves! I mostly just drape them over my neck and tie with a knot in the front. Hides my stomach :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!