Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August 2018 - August Break

Today's prompt for #TheAugustBreak2018 is "Happiness Is..." 

Oh, you know, a lot of things are happy things for me.  I'm basically a pretty easy going person.  For the sake of the prompt though, I'm going with Happiness is Concert going.  I bet you could have guessed that.

We went to a concert last night at one of our favorite places, The Mountain Winery in Saratoga.  The view is stunning when there isn't so much haze from the fire smoke.  The weather was outstanding.  Warm but not too hot.  I had a sleeveless dress on and did not need a cover-up all night.  The bands we saw were oldies:  Tommy Tutone started off, followed by Greg Kihn, then Loverboy and the headliner was Rick Springfield. 


Of course we have to have our concert photo to prove we are having a good time.


Because there were 4 bands playing and the Winery has noise restrictions after 10:30 on the weeknights, each of the groups were only able to play about four songs.  That's kind of okay because there were only about 4 songs I knew from each of them!

Tommy Tutone:


I got a short clip of 867-5309 which is about the only song I really knew of his.



Greg Kihn came next.  



Everyone knows Jeopardy and the Break Up Song.   



Loverboy:




I considered "Hot Girls In Love" my theme song for the longest time :)





Finally it was time for Rick Springfield.  This guitar was on the stage before he started.


I think I was too old for him because when he was big on the Soap Opera General Hospital I was working during the day and while I knew the song Jessie's Girl, I wasn't really over the top in love with him. 



He does look good for 69 though and when he took his jacket off the girls were screaming.


This hard working drummer played with 3 of the 4 bands.  Loverboy had their own drummer.









After the show, Mars was visible in the night sky.


I did get some video of each of the bands and I'll be checking the quality and putting them up on my YouTube channel.  I'll let you know when they're there, or you could "favorite" me and then you'll get a notice :)  

How about you?  What does Happiness mean to you?  Do you remember these bands?  Have a favorite?  Love to hear about it.  




2 comments:

  1. That looks like such an awesome concert!! How could you not have fun?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, it was better than I expected but I wish that Loverboy had had more time to sing. By cramming so many groups into one show and it being in the middle of the week, the time was limited. Even though the venue is on the top of a mountain, they have noise restrictions!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!