Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August 2018 - August Break and Stream of Consciousness Saturday

Rather than bombard you with posts today, I'll combine two of my challenges.  First is #AugustBreak2018 and the prompt is "Bookshelf." 

Here is one of my bookshelves.  It is in our hallway which is a source of some irritation to my husband, although what we would do with an extra 9-1/2 inches in that part of the hallway is beyond me.  This bookshelf is chuck full of books that I want to read or have read and want to keep.  The shelf with the paperbacks is two rows deep and there are two more shelves that you can't see.  I have some nicknacks on the shelves too which I may find some place else for since I definitely need more room there.



This is a bookshelf in my craft room full of magazines for me to go through and journals that I am working on.  Tons of inspiration there!



I have another bookshelf in my craft room but this one is full of paper!  I guess not all bookshelves have to have books on them, right?



Saturday's #SoCS gives us the word "Call."  Coincidentally I went to the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo today and had to pick up my ticket at the Express Will Call.  Usually I go with my niece, Donna, but she couldn't come today so I just attended the expo but didn't take any classes.  In addition to my entry ticket I got a "Golden Ticket" to be used to try to win a special prize.  Even those were different as they didn't say "Golden Ticket" on them anymore.  I asked about it and they said that some people were getting confused since it was the "Saturday Spectacular" so that's what the tickets said today and they weren't even gold!  Who gets confused by a Golden Ticket???  


While you are shopping around, you need to keep your eyes open for the numbers on the floor because every once in a while they will call out a number and if you are standing on it, you win a prize.  I didn't win today but we have won in the past


You have to listen as well because every once in a while they will call a name for a door prize!  I didn't win one of those either. 


Lastly, at 1:00 they have a drawing for the winner of the "Golden Ticket."  They have a display in the front of the room and you can put your golden ticket stub in the box of the prize you want to win.  I had a hard time deciding this time because - hard to say - none of the prizes looked that great. 


Here is the group listening to them call the winning numbers.  Sadly, still no winner for me in that category this time.     




Here is what the showroom looks like.   I was kinda disappointed because not only did I not have my niece with me or get my number or name called for a prize, there were a lot fewer vendors.   Of course, I managed to pick up a few items but it was mostly things I call staples in my crafting like adhesives and pop dots.  I did get a few new inks to try and some new card making supplies. 



These are some of the classes that you can take.  They do the classes both Friday and Saturday but not always the same classes on both days.  There were people standing in front of Saturday class list so I took this pic instead.

I went to the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton earlier this year and there were more vendors there.  They have another one coming up in Sacramento in October but that is a little farther away and unless they are having more vendors attend, I won't make the trip.  


I did like this quote about creativity:


I called my niece and told her that she didn't miss much and that it wouldn't have been worth it for her to drive the 1-1/2 hours it would take to get there except to be able to spend some time with her favorite aunt :)

How did you spend your Saturday?  Get called to win a prize? Read any good books?  Share!  If you want to participate in either the August Break or the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, click the link!  Always fun when more people join the games.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!