Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2018

July-Jinks - 2018 #31SRW Photography Challenge

The prompt today in the #31SRW Photography Challenge by Shelley Quaint is fire.  Since yesterday was 4th of July here in the US, I have a couple of pictures of our "Safe and Sane" fireworks show.

When I was young we used to have fireworks in front of our house all the time.  I wrote about that here.

We are one of only a couple of towns in our area that still allows the safe and sane fireworks.  Most other cities have outlawed them and all the ones that go up in the air are definitely illegal to shoot off.   Our city uses the sale of fireworks as a fundraiser for local children's sports programs and my husband volunteers his time in the booth for the Pony Baseball teams.  On the 4th he brings home our fireworks show and we have some friends who come over from the next town to share them with us.




Fortunately it wasn't too windy.

One of the best ones got started when I was in the house so I only caught the reflection through the window.  It was still impressive.





I love the fireworks setting on my camera that lets me get some of the pretty colors, but it takes a while so I can't do rapid shooting.


And even though they are illegal, some people still manage to find and shoot off the ones high in the sky.  




25 people were arrested for shooting them off.  That's a $1000 fine each!  More money for our city.  



Hope you had a great 4th.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!