Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

July-Jinks 2018 - #31SRW 31 Day Photo Challenge and Escapist Colorist Club

July-Jinks as in "high jinks" or "hijinks" - however you want to say it, I'm on a mission to have some fun this summer.  Of course I'll be sharing as much as I can along the way.

I just found this wonderful 31 day photography challenge by Shelley at Quaint Revival so I'm hopping on.  I may not be able to get them all done because we are going on vacation for a week in the middle of the month but I'm gonna do the best I can.  I also may not make every part of the challenge, but again, I'm trying to have fun this month, not make it a stress factor.  Here is #1:

The prompt is Tower and as I understand the rules, there should be a photo, a silhouette, a reflective silhouette, a black and white and a story to go with it.  I'm not sure I covered all the bases but here is my take on that:


I really loved the waterfall displays that were at Michaels when I worked there.  They went on sale so I figured with my employee discount I couldn't go wrong.  


It sits in my craft room and my husband says he doesn't hear the water falling but I do and it really doesn't matter anyway, just the look of it is soothing to me.  


Next to it sits my rock collection and the little old man and drummer boy, an altar of sorts.  


If you think you might like to do the 31 days of photography, come on along.  

Next is the Escapist Coloring Club for July as hosted by Linda G. Hill.   I think I had a fondness for purple and red for some reason.  I did learn some new techniques from Linda this month so I'm looking forward to putting them to good use.  



I didn't even realize that I was using the same colors until I put them together to take these photos, but on the other hand, I was recently reading about the Red Hat Society, those lovely older ladies who wear purple dresses and red hats so maybe I was subconsciously thinking about that. 

I'm putting these things together today so you don't get so many posts from me in one day.  I certainly don't want to overwhelm you!  Happy Sunday and first day of July folks.  





2 comments:

  1. Cool fountain.
    My friend had one and tried filling it with coffee. Heard that it was aromatherapy or something. Two days later, the fountain was moldy. Didn't see that coming.

    Excellent coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aromatherapy - that's pretty funny. That reminds me to change the water in mine though, thanks. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!