Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Blogging From A to Z - 2018 - O is for


Welcome to the letter O in the A to Z Challenge for 2018.   This year I am A to Z-ing my way through Michaels Arts and Crafts store.  O is for Organization.


No matter what you need to organize, Michaels has solutions.  From simple plastic jar containers like these,


to Mason jars in different sizes.


I use a lot of these plastic containers.  They are perfect for organizing my scrapbook papers and embellishments by theme.  I have one for music that I use for my concert album for example.  They are big enough to hold 12 x 12 paper which is not always easy to find.  (Side note:  My concert album was the subject of my last year's A to Z Challenge.  Click above to go see that!)


These containers can be used to organize a lot of different things.  They have a tray on the top to hold smaller items.    


All different sizes and shapes.  These are from the scrapbook section again.  There are organizers for washi tape and photos or ribbons and pens.



Most of the time I like clear containers to organize things because it makes it so much easier to see what is in there!  



These are good for beads and small items. 



Not to mention the baskets!



So many baskets!  




These are like shoe box size to hold photos or other mementos.


They come in a lot of different pretty patterns. 


They also have rolling carts.  I love the rainbow colored drawers on this one.


I have one of these carts by my desk so I have things I use all the time right there handy.  Since it is made of metal, I have put magnets on the sides to hold things like hole punches and tweezers.


And more specialized storage containers.



My personal favorites are the decorative boxes.  They also come in all different sizes and patterns and change with the seasons.  



These ones look like books!




And now they have desktop organizers too.  Aren't they pretty?  



I have some of the decorative boxes and love to use them to organize things in my craft room.  It makes it look so cheery.  

Do you use special things to organize your supplies?  Keep newspapers or magazines in a basket?  Share and stop by the other A to Z members to see what their "O" is all about!


(Note:  I decided I should add a disclaimer to these posts because I certainly don't want to give the idea that I am being paid by Michaels to do this or that they are furnishing me with material.  All pictures used in this blog series were taken by me at local Michaels stores, or are my personal pictures and every Michaels store may not have everything shown.)

4 comments:

  1. You've posted photos of your craft room before Janet, so I know how well-organized you. I'm way more eclectic with my storage. I use a lot of large Japanese and handmade papers in my work, which I roll and stash in tall baskets. I keep beads in jars in my windows so the light can shine through them; and I'm the queen of apothecary chests - I love all the small drawers to fill with treasures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your papers in the baskets look very cool. I don't have the window space to showcase beads like that but I can just imagine the light reflecting through the beads. The simple things delight don't they?

      Delete
  2. I'm going to need organizers when I finish moving, so I looked on-line and discovered there is a Michael's not far from the house we are moving into. Guess where I'll be heading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will have something you can use! The styles change all the time too so you may find things that are different from what I've shown.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!