Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December Reflections - 2017

Winding down to the last few days of the year!  I am looking forward to this week between Christmas and New Year when I can focus on getting my planners ready and start working on some new projects.  The 365 pictures has been a struggle these last few months and I'm not ashamed to say that it will be a while before I do that again.  I am, though, kind of excited to see if I can turn it into a slideshow this time.  Here are a couple of the more recent pictures:

#350 - My December selfie 



#349 - Dinner with some very good friends at 16 Mile House in Millbrae.  Most of this group has been together since high school and I always learn some new things about my husband's escapades when they get together.  Sometimes the memories are a bit confused, but I believe there is great love at this table. 

#354 - Our Christmas tree with just the lights.  We had a real one, not the Charlie Brown tree of the past few years, but I hardly decorated it at all.  Maybe next year I'll be more in the spirit.  

#353 - Book #22 Murder on the Orient Express.  One of my favorites.  I have not seen the new movie yet but will do so when it comes to DVD.  I am having trouble picturing Kenneth Branagh as Hercule.


#346 - My husband had to have a 24 hour holter monitor to check his heart progress.  Fortunately it was okay.  Hoping that 2018 is a better year health wise than the last few months of this year has been for him.

#351 - Our minimal outside decorations, lights along the walkway to our house.  We added another two strings to make it go all the way on both sides.  So much easier than climbing ladders to put it around the roof.  


#355 - Skyline on my drive to work one afternoon.  The picture doesn't really do it justice but I was sitting at the stoplight and using my phone through the windshield.  

#356 - Michaels is almost out of everything Christmas.  There are many shelves that look like this throughout the store.  Pretty soon I expect there will be hearts all over the place for Valentines Day and planners galore for those of us who are planner addicts.

#357 - The tiny tree in our break room.    

#360 - Another new flavor!  I drop one of these in my morning coffee...yumm
#359 - Christmas dinner with the family.

#358 - Our stockings.  

Just four days left to this interesting year.  Time to make my vision cards and get my planners ready to start 2018.  Next year our daughter will graduate from college!  Looking forward to more adventures, aren't you?  


6 comments:

  1. Great pics! I like your little outdoor decorations. And the stockings are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J Lenni. Hope you had excellent holidays.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Janet! Love your Merry Christmas selfie! Oh, and happy planning! I'm trying out a Passion Planner this year, after experimenting with the BuJo system in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw one of those for the first time the other night at a friend's. It looks very interesting. Thanks for stopping by Melodye. I love your pictures of the seals and the water.

      Delete
  3. 365-day projects are nothing to scoff at - kudos for your commitment Janet! I've enjoyed seeing your pix and it'll be fun if you can now turn them into slideshow. Wishing you the happiest new year - may it be healthy, prosperous, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. I have great hopes for this year. Looking forward to reading more of you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!