Search This Blog

Sunday, December 3, 2017

December Reflections - 2017 - Best Day of 2017

We've done a lot of things this year, seen 10 concerts, had our annual trip to Boulder Creek and been to a few baseball games but I think without a doubt the best day of 2017 (barring any extra special days the rest of the year) has to be the day my husband and I did the Big City Hunt in Reno while on vacation there in May.  I have written a blog post about it here.

That whole trip was a fun one but the Big City Hunt was the best.  When we stumbled across my word of the year, Believe, in huge metal letters in the middle of the city it was like I had been hit by an electric jolt.





Yes, there is someone sleeping on the bottom of the second "E".  If I'd been more aware I'd have had our picture taken somewhere else but I was still in a state of shock about finding my word.  It truly was like a message from the Universe. 

We have tickets for another Big City Hunt around San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf and I am hoping to get a chance to take it while the holiday decorations are up.  Maybe my word for 2018 will show itself to me there! 

How about you?  What was your best day of 2017?  

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea that perhaps your 2018 word will appear for you in the Big City Hunt - that would be so delightful. Maybe you'll just have to give some extra juice to your current word BELIEVE to make it so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that just be magical? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of Big City Hunts before. I checked out the website and... what fun! How great was it that you found your word! I'm confident that you will find your 2018 word on the next hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun. My niece has done one with her boyfriend in Sacramento and enjoyed it too. It is a great way to see a city, whether you've gone there before or not and it is not an expensive thing. Share if you try one!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!