Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

August Adventures - Pat Benatar and Toto

This was our last concert for the season at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, California.


The venue is so pretty, up on top of the mountain.  


We were sitting close enough that Bill was able to sneak up to get a picture of the setlist that they usually tape to the floor in front of the stage.  This was Toto's.


We were sitting back five rows, dead center.   


Toto was the opening act and they did not disappoint except that we wished they would have been able to play longer. 






I tried to capture the speed at which Steve Lukather was strumming this guitar.






Here is Africa.  I will say right up front that it is really hard for me to take a video without dancing so sometimes the camera gets a bit shaky.  I can live with it, can you?






They were really good and had the crowd singing along.  In addition to being right in the center, we were the last row before a dividing walkway so there was no one sitting behind us, which made it much easier for us to get up and dance to the music, not that having people sitting behind us stops us from doing that, it just meant we didn't have to turn around and explain that we intend to do so.  


Here is Pat Benatar's set list.  Bill almost got in trouble for doing this one since there were more people around at this point.  One of the ushers said, "You can't do that."  Fortunately, he had already done it, so he just said, "Okay" and came back to his seat.   






They've been married for quite a while (35 years) and they still look like they love each other. 








Here is Love is a Battlefield.



Unfortunately the problem at the Mountain Winery is that they have a curfew and on the weeknights it is 10:30 PM.  On Friday nights they can go to 11 PM but this was a Wednesday so both bands had to limit their songs in order to finish on time.  In fact, the last band usually walks off stage for a few minutes and then comes back out to do an encore but Pat said that they would skip that and stay on stage.  Again, there were lots of songs we would have loved to hear them sing.  The crowd was still ready to rock.

So that is the end of our concert season at the Winery for this year.  We have seen four shows there which qualifies us for Loyalty Status so next year when the line-up is announced we will have preview privileges and can get tickets before they go on sale to the general public.  That's how I manage to get those great seats!  

What do you think?  Toto fan?  Favorite Benatar song?  Love to hear about it!

8 comments:

  1. Steve Lukather is a fantastic guitarist. He's been working with Larry Carlton and Lee Ritenour on and off the last few years.

    I have Pat Benatar's "True Love" album, where she does more blues and R&B. Great album, if you've never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard that one but just had to listen to the title track and I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for mentioning it. Gonna have to see if I can find it at the library to download! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. The Winery looks like a lovely venue and you certainly scored some great seats. How fun to see your videos, and thumbs up to dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I know I should not go into professional photography/videography because I could not keep the camera still and the client's would probably want a refund :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Janet,
    Wow, you got some amazing shots! Those were fabulous seats. I really like both these bands: LOVE Toto's Africa: you got great video of that performance. They have such a good sound. Love the piano/keyboards.
    Boy, Pat Benatar sure looks fabulous for her age! I guess when you have money you can afford to keep looking young... :) She's great. You snapped some fabulous shots of her. All of them. What fun.
    I bet you hate for the season to end. Love that you got those pics of the set-lists. Way to go!
    Loyalty status rocks! I'm sure you'll look forward to next season's prime seats. Do they have the lineup of shows yet?

    Thanks for sharing your pics and the videos. Sound was fantastic!
    Now Africa is going to be my earworm today. I don't mind a bit!

    Happy Weekend,
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. The line up for the new season doesn't come out until APRIL!!! It's horrible having to wait so long. Pat Benatar is hard to get good shots of because she is constantly moving. We've seen them four times now I think and this is the first time I've actually been able to get something decent. I'm going to have to remember the seat numbers so I can try to get them all the time. :) I have to practice more with editing the photos and videos after I take them. Right now I am just downloading and putting them out there. Have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun concert lineup! I know you are excited about qualifying for early ticket purchase options next year!

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, although it was hard to choose this year. Thanks for stopping by Mandy!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!