Search This Blog

Sunday, August 27, 2017

August Adventures - 365 Pictures update

We have 5 days left in August!  This year is going by rather quickly.  Here are a few more of the 365 pictures I've been taking:

This is the "official" picture I'm using for the 365 book but I did take a few other shots of the eclipse we had on the 21st.  Where we are in California it was only a 75% coverage but I was able to get some pretty good shots, I think.  I used both the paper protective glasses and my husband has some welding glasses which we doubled.  



This is through the protective glasses.

This is when there was enough cloud cover to take a regular shot.

This is through the welding glasses.  


#235 - A sign.  I wrote earlier about the biggest "sign" for me so far this year, when I found the word Believe on our walk in Reno.  This is the sign we see before every concert at the Mountain Winery.  Sometimes we can get a good picture, if there are not too many cars coming in behind us.  I don't like to hold up the line.




#236 - Silver - This is one of my favorite silver rings.  It came with a bag of marbles that can be interchanged depending on my mood or to match what I am wearing.  I love the fact that I could just go into a toy store and get another bag of marbles and have more rings!    



#234 - Sour.  The kids used to love these things but just looking at the packaging makes my mouth pucker.




#237 - Pretty Weeds.  This tiny flower is growing in our front yard.



#239 - Stone.  I have this collection of stones and I am not really sure what kind they are.  I know the striped one is Tiger's Eye but the other ones I need help with.  Anybody?



#238 - Window.  Sometimes the airplanes fly so close over our house that I could almost see in the windows.  Obviously this is blown up a bit but it was a real plane that flew over!






Okay, that brings us up to date on the pictures.  I am going to look for some prompts now so I have clues for next month.   Did you see the eclipse?  Get pictures?  Know what kind of stones I have?  Please share!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Janet,
    Holy Crap, that plane is awfully close!!! I bet it's loud too?
    You got some great pics of the eclipse. It was really nothing here. Of course I couldn't actually look up at it because I didn't have the glasses but it just got a little dark (like cloudy) for a few minutes and that was it. I'd love to have been in the areas that had complete totality!

    As for the rocks: I would say the orangish one is Carnelian. The (dark) blue one may be Sodalite. Not sure about the other ones because I can't see them clearly. But that's just my guess.

    Cool silver ring! I love that you can change out the marbles. You essentially have an infinite number of different rings! very cool.

    Have a good week Janet!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plane pictures are zoomed in a bit of course but yes, they can get pretty loud. Shortly after we moved in we were given new double paned windows and solid doors by the Airport Noise Abatement program. That really cut down the sound a lot. Yes, the ring was about $60 I think but when you divide that by the number of marbles it worked out to about $2 a ring! Thanks for your opinion on the rocks. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week yourself.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!