Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 2017 - #Atozchallenge - X-cellent X

X is for Bone Bash XI -

One of our local radio stations (107.7 - the Bone) puts on a concert at Shoreline every year and they call it Bone Bash.  This was in 2010.  The first band was one that we like a lot, .38 Special.


On this layout I used a corner punch to put a mat around a couple of the pictures.


I love the decorative edge it makes and I am finding that I've been using a lot more of my tools doing these pages than I have in a long time.  


I felt sorry for the group this time because they were the first band out and the audience hadn't all filed in yet.  I think having so many empty seats affected their performance because I didn't think they were as good this time as when we saw them the last time (K is for Kihncert).



Unfortunately, the lead singer, Donnie Van Zant is no longer working with them because of health issues (hearing issues) and actually there is only one original member left, so I don't know what they sound like now, although I think they are still touring.  

The second band was a metal band called Eagles of Death Metal and that is so not my kind of music!  We ended up walking around the grounds and I took some pictures of the lights they show on top of the tent.  

Have you seen .38 Special?  Been to a Bone Bash?  Tell me about it.


You can click over to the main A to Z Challenge page to see what other participants have come up with for this letter, and come back to see what Y has for us!

2 comments:

  1. Bone Bash is a rather amusing name for a concert. I don't know either of the bands, so I can't comment on that. But how fun you've really gotten into your pages and tools. Perhaps having a daily practice via the challenge worked to your advantage. I wondered if your Muse would get as tired as most of us players are by the end of the month, but apparently not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think even my Muse needs to take a break for a while after a tour :) I have been looking into that daily practice thing, though. Jamie Ridler has some courses up on her site now in just that category and I'm considering taking them.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!