Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 2017 - #Atozchallenge - Really it's R

R is for Rod Stewart

I've seen him twice now, once with my daughter and once with my husband.  These are from the first time, in 2009.  We had really good seats, in the 8th row, and my daughter took the pictures so I could enjoy the show.  She did a great job!

The page on the right, below, was just a blank page and I added the flower stickers and ribbon to try and match the first page.  I think it came out okay.  The opening band that night was The Kin.  We had never heard of them but they were some cute kids.



Rod Stewart had a totally white stage set but because of all the different colored lights he used you can't tell that.  Most of the papers I used here were from the Simply Susan collection at Paper Wishes which, unfortunately, is no longer available.  I think the teals and pinks and purples compliment the pictures well.




During one costume change his daughter, Ruby, came out and sang a few songs.  She's got a pretty good voice!


I loved the heart display they put on the big screen.  He may be getting old but Rod still can belt the songs out.   The guitar players worked pretty hard too!


Rod is a big soccer fan and during one song he takes some soccer balls that he has autographed and kicks them into the crowd.  There are no pictures of that because we were too busy trying to catch one!


He sang quite a few of his hits and the encore was Maggie May.  Brought the house down!


The picture on the bottom right is from a T-shirt I got the night of the show.

Even though my husband didn't want to go with me that night, when we got home and talked about the show, I think he was a little sorry he missed it so the next time Rod Stewart came around, he was more willing to go.  That show was with Ms. Stevie Nicks.  Of course, those pictures aren't done yet!

That's my R.  If you are wondering about Q, that will come soon.  I decided that since I was behind anyway, I may as well get what I have out there, even if I have to skip a letter.

You can click over to the main A to Z Challenge page to see what other participants have come up with for this letter, and come back to see what S has for us!  

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I've seen him before and he does put on a great show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea who the guitar players are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the ones in my pictures are Paul Warren and Conrad Korsch. I am afraid that I know very little about the backup bands for a lot of the people I see, except for the total bands like Journey. I do know they were very good.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!