Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Observing October

October 15

I blogged earlier this year about the renovations we did on our house, new roof, siding, gutters, the works.  You can read about that here:



Last night we had our first real rain fall.  It was so nice not to have to worry about looking for leaks and not having to duck the down pour coming from the broken gutters.  

My husband is in Oregon again helping his mother and when I told him it had rained, his first question was "Any leaks?"  When I assured him there were none, he said, "I paid for gutters and down spouts.  I want to see them working!"  I told him that I hadn't thought about taking pictures for him.  He was kind of disappointed I could tell.  I went out and took some for him.  

What have you been observing this October?








4 comments:

  1. In a way, I guess I can see your husbands point of view. Paid good money, want to see it in action. LOL
    PS - Be careful filming in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeffrey, my husband has been a mechanic most of his life and he definitely wants to see how things work, especially if he paid someone else to do something like that. Fortunately, the back deck was an easy place for me to get to in the rain, no climbing on the roof necessary. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've been observing that our weather is not getting as cool as it should be for this time of year, and that this is making me cranky because I haven't a clue about what to wear when I get dressed each morning. Is it fall or is it summer? Pants or shorts? Long sleeve or short sleeve? Loafers or sandals? Most annoyed am I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, two days ago it was raining, yesterday and today sunny in the 70's. Who can tell?

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!